The Steinbauer BMWs:
Rick and Rainer's BMW
633 CSi (Igor)
17 October 2016:  Changed the fuel filter, tightened the belts, installed the fan, and cleaned out
the trunk.  Does not sound like a lot but it is!  As soon as I get a chance I will change out the fan
mount to the simple screw on.  To tighten the belt for the alternator, you actually have to take the
power steering pump off its mount.  Mounting the power steering pump and tightening the belt
there is a little easier.  Robert helped me to pump out about one gallon of old fuel.  I checked the
spark plugs and they were dry.  I also noticed that the spark with the remote starter seems to be
stronger?  Strange!
22 October 2016: Rick and I got to play today and Igor shortly turned over with starter fluid.  
Now that we have a spark and fuel going to the rail, we found out that the injectors are not
opening!  Rick hooked up each injector to power and also found out that two are stuck.  They
are soaking in seafoam even as I write this.  Will do some research on why injectors do not work
and investigate later.

29 December 2016:  I decided to take all of the injectors out and have them serviced at Witch
Hunter.  Maybe they were all clogged?  Who knows?  Either way that is not a bad thing.  Had
that done on Fritz and Heidi and don't regret that at all!  Was worth its money for sure.

4 February 2017:  The Injectors came back superfast but I did not have the time/desire to put
them in until today.  I wound up cutting a fuel line into short pieces to connect the injectors to the
fuel line.  I had the suspicion that we may not have enough compression since the oil smells a lot
like fuel.  Luck would have it that Rick had a compreession tester along when he stopped by this
afternoon.  Compression was not too bad (135, 145, 110, 145, 135, 140).  Yes #3 is off but that
is OK (I think)

19 February 2017:  New spark plugs have arrived and they are in.  Battery is fully charged and
all we have to do is give it another try.

20 June 2017:  Thought I arrived at the conclusion that we will never finish this car and decided
to sell it,  The car has been registered the entire time so there are no taxes that jump on a
potential buyer.  Here are sime pictures of the interior:
4 July 2017:  Rick and I worked a little on the Toyota Highlander and once we were finished we
thought, heck we have the tools out, let's tinker with Igor.  After cranking here and there and checking
connections, he came to life!!!!  Igor lives!!!  We did not drive it since the brakes and the clutch
needs bleeding but we will drive it soon!

8 July 2017:  Topped off fluids (Coolant, Brake, and Power Steering) and the clutch, brakes started
to work after I bled them.  What else is left but to take a maiden voyage around the neighborhood a
few times.  Gave the car some TLC and it was good!
26 Jul 17 Bought new tires and had them mounted.  Apparently they are too large and they rub if
you try yo make a U-turn on the street in the neighborhood.

12 Aug 17  Bought new shocks and struts but they have to wait since the old ones are still good.

30 Sep 17:  Checked the exhaust pipes the other day since I thought there may be hole rusted
through somewhere.  Turns out there was a missing gasket between the catalytic converter and the
muffler,  Put a gasket in and tightened the bolts down, nice and quiet,  Problem is now that you can
hear the valves clicking, better do a valve job soon,

Also checked if there is a thermostat in and there is.  It is stuck in the open position which led me to
believe there is none in there,  Tried to take the thermostat housing cover off but the bolts are to
corroded that I think they will break when I try to loosen them before I try again I make sure to have
an entire thermostat housing just in case I don't get the broken bolt out.